Great Pet Friendly Cabins and Chalets in Gatlinburg TN
Visiting Gatlinburg, TN is an incredible experience with the mountains, hiking, streams, attractions, restaurants, etc. The Smoky Mountains is an area that many people bring their entire families…even their pets! Finding pet friendly cabins in Gatlinburg, TN though can be challenging as many Gatlinburg cabin and chalet rental companies do not allow pets…at all. However, there are many that are pet friendly and some are definitely better than others, which means people spend a lot of time reading reviews online, asking friends, calling the rental companies with questions, etc. We know how difficult it can be…because we love pets too! So we are here to help!
We have poured through the reviews, asked visitors, and done our homework to provide a list of some great pet friendly cabin rentals in Gatlinburg, TN as well as pet friendly chalets. The primary difference between a cabin and chalet is mostly aesthetic. Cabins tend to be more “rustic” and made out of milled logs, whereas chalets tend to be slightly more “modern” with exteriors of log, brick, stucco, etc. Cabins and chalets typically come with the same modern amenities such as air conditioning, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. If looking for a more “natural” mountain experience then go with a pet friendly cabin in Gatlinburg.
The list below is separated into two sections. The first list is a list of tips for choosing pet friendly cabins or chalets in Gatlinburg while the second list is a variety of pet friendly vacation rental companies to choose from. When deciding between cabins or chalets, both are great options…it’s just a matter of personal taste. We list links to each company’s website so that you can see the various cabins and chalets that they offer. We also list their main office address and phone number so that you can call for questions and make reservations. Whichever cabin or chalet you choose, have a wonderful time with your favorite pet!
Tips for Choosing Pet Friendly Cabins or Chalets
The various vacation rental companies in Gatlinburg, Tennessee offer a wide variety of pet friendly cabins and chalets in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville. Many cabins are individually owned and simply managed by the cabin rental companies. Because of this, many owners have their own unique set of restrictions when it comes to allowing pets in their cabin or chalet. Be sure to use the following tips when making a reservation or calling any vacation rental company for information on their Gatlinburg pet-friendly chalets or cabins.
- Notify upon reservation. Inform the cabin rental company while making your reservation about your pet so that any restrictions or fees can be cleared up before your arrival and reduce any surprises for everyone involved. If you try to sneak a pet into a non-pet-friendly cabin, you risk being evicted immediately with no refund…it’s not worth the risk!
- Dogs only? Some owners say “pet friendly”, but only allow dogs. So be sure to ask if other types of animals are allowed if you plan on bringing your cat, bird, alligator, elephant, etc.
- Size limit? Many cabins and chalets have a weight limit restriction and only allow smaller pets. So if your mastif wants to tag along, make sure he’ll be allowed to stay!
- Extra cleaning fees? Ask if there are any extra cleaning fees for bringing your pet. The less surprises, the better!
- Bathe and flea dip. While not necessarily required, it’s a nice gesture to arrive with your pet being as clean as possible. This also helps preserve the cleanliness of the cabin or chalet so that every visitor can have the same, fresh experience for years to come.
- Leave your pet at the cabin? Some rental companies ask that you do not leave your pet at the cabin while away. They would prefer you either take the pet along or place it in a kennel until heading back to the cabin. Simply ask what the policy is for the rental you choose.
- Leash Laws. The City of Gatlinburg has a leash law that must be followed. When walking your dog with the Gatlinburg city limits, make sure to have a leash attached.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park restrictions:
“Dogs are allowed in campgrounds, picnic areas, and along roads, but must be kept on a leash at all times. The leash must not exceed 6 feet in length. Dogs are only allowed on two short walking paths—the Gatlinburg Trail and the Oconaluftee River Trail. Pets are not allowed on any other park trails. Pet excrement must be immediately collected by the pet handler and disposed of in a trash receptacle. Pets should not be left unattended in vehicles or RVs.”
Pet Friendly Cabins and Chalets in Gatlinburg TN
- Aunt Bug’s Cabin Rentals
Address: 3121 Veterans Blvd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Amazing Views Cabin Rentals
Address: 1455 East Pkwy
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Jackson Mountain Homes
Address: 1662 East Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- HearthSide Cabin Rentals
Address: 702 Wears Valley Road
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg
Address:209 Cartertown Rd
If you have stayed at any of these pet friendly cabins or chalets in Gatlinburg, Tennessee then please share your experience with others in the comments section below!
Also, if you have stayed at a Gatlinburg pet friendly vacation rental that you feel should be included in the list above, then please let us know in the comments section below.
We hope this list of tips and pet friendly cabins in Gatlinburg has helped you find the perfect location to spend with your pets! Be sure to also check out our guide on Gatlinburg cabin rental coupons as well to help save you money on cabins in Gatlinburg! If you felt this article was helpful and would love to see more like this, please let us know by clicking “like” below and sharing it with your friends!